Cycling enthusiasts are invited to participate in the Cycling Race along the route designed within the international BizCycle project that is implemented under the program of the South-East Finland – Russia CBC Programme, 2014-2020.
Participants of the race will cycle along the chosen 48 km long route of Vyborg district in Leningrad region, and will have an opportunity to see numerous attractions:
- The Panzerlax Bastion - ruins of the 16th century Swedish fortress;
- Abandoned Finnish nail factory and the ruins of a small-scale hydroelectric power station;
- The old mill, which sets its millstones in motion by the flow of the Perovka River;
- The Thunder-stone, which could have become the pedestal for the Bronze Horseman monument, but due to tremendous and distanced from St. Petersburg remained there and became an independent attraction.
About the event:
- Transfer of participants from and to Vyborg railway station is provided by comfortable buses;
- Each participant receives a starter kit, which includes a branded T-shirt, reflective slap bracelet, laminated number, mounting clips, visibility jacket, bottled drinking water, protein energy bar;
- Concert program and buffet for all participants;
- Medals and diplomas for each participant;
- Participation in the cycle race is free of charge.
Requirements for participants:
- Age - 18 y.o. and above;
- Good health;;
- Confidence level in cycling;
- Availability of a bike (own or rented).
Registration of participants is available by the link.
Attention! The number of participants is limited due to the epidemiological situation.
The Cycling Race takes place on October 10, 2020. Meetpoint is the square near the Vyborg Hermitage (P.F. Ladanova st., 1, Vyborg). We start at 11 a.m.
We invite courageous and enthusiastic cycling fans, who are ready to race along the exciting route of Leningrad region.
The Cycling Race is organized by the State Budgetary Institution of the Leningrad Region "Information tourist Center".
- ITMO University (leading partner);
- SBI LR "Information tourist Center";
- FRUCT Oy (Helsinki, Finland);
- Cursor Oy (Kotka, Finland).